Ultrastudio Express stopped working under Windows 8.1

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

cowwoc

Ultrastudio Express stopped working under Windows 8.1

PostTue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 pm

I had a Ultrastudio Express for Thunderbolt using version 9.8 of the drivers. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, and it stopped working.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14206 claims that Windows 8.1 is supported, at least for the Intensity Pro and the Tech Spec for the Ultrastudio Express says Windows 8 is supported (which I assumed means 8.1 as well).

Has anyone gotten an Ultrastudio Express to work under Windows 8.1? Can someone from the Blackmagic team please comment?

Thanks,
Gili

cowwoc

Re: Ultrastudio Express stopped working under Windows 8.1

PostTue Jan 14, 2014 11:56 pm

Nevermind. I had to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and now it works.

Gili

Magali Marc

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Hello Gili,
i wrote to your post cause i think you are the closest person from my case, that is to say, on windows and having a ultrastudio express. This looks probably silly, but i can't find the drivers for windows anywhere,
i have a cd but i had to copy the content on a usb stick cause i don't have any cd player on my PC. and i figured out that all the file are for mac.. could you tell me where to find the drivers please... Looking forward for your answer, i send you good vibes.
magali

cowwoc

PostTue Oct 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Magali Marc wrote:Hello Gili,
i wrote to your post cause i think you are the closest person from my case, that is to say, on windows and having a ultrastudio express. This looks probably silly, but i can't find the drivers for windows anywhere,
i have a cd but i had to copy the content on a usb stick cause i don't have any cd player on my PC. and i figured out that all the file are for mac.. could you tell me where to find the drivers please... Looking forward for your answer, i send you good vibes.
magali

Hi Magali,

Blackmagic Studio sure screwed up their website in the latest redesign. After some searching this worked for me:

1. Go to https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/
2. Click "Support"
3. Click "Capture and Playback"
4. Click "Desktop Video 10.2.2" -> "Windows"
5. Click "Download only" in the bottom left corner

Good luck,
Gili

Return to Post Production