2x Decklink, PC freezes/stutters! (edit-FIXED)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Nicolay

2x Decklink, PC freezes/stutters! (edit-FIXED)

PostTue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 am

I just finished building a stream-machine with 2x decklink quad. Mainboard is Asus P9X79-WS with Intel i7 4930K, 1x SSD primary and 2x SSD striped secondary, 16GB RAM and Nvidia GTX780ti.

After I installed the drivers (latest, also tried 9.x-drivers) the machine freezes random at startup and also when I launch black magic media express. Also in vMix when I`m adding Quad SDI-sources the machine freezes/stutters for a bit.

If i disable BMD-drivers from msconfig at startup the machine starts normal. But as soon as i open bmd-settings/Media capture and so on, the stutter/freezing starts for a couple of seconds again..

But after a couple of minutes everything seems OK!

I`ve tried:
- Updating drivers
- Taking out one of the decklink-cards
- switched PCI-slots
- uninstalled and reinstalled
- formatted the computer
- disabled the built-in audio

Nothing seems to work.. I`ve also tried both decklink-quads in a different system. And it worked fine.

My mainboard is also one of the officially supported..

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

P.s When I start up Blackmagic media express and select i.e Decklink2 I hear a short "knock" from my computer. As if that input is somehow activated. Is it supposed the do that?

Best regards
Thomas
Last edited by Nicolay on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam Simmons

Re: 2x Decklink, PC freezes/stutters!

PostTue Apr 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Which slots do you have things installed in to, also what software is running on your machine?
It also only says 'recommended' for that board and even then it doesn't seem to state you can use 2 cards in 1 system.

If you've tested the cards in another system and they work then that would imply either a hardware conflict or a software conflict in the system. In such cases I would normally install the system from scratch and only install the basic motherboard drivers (not the ASUS utility) and then try it again
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Nicolay

Re: 2x Decklink, PC freezes/stutters!

PostTue Apr 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Thank you for the quick reply, Adbear.

Of course a user-error. Had to move my graphic-card up a slot. It all works well now!

Fred Rodrigues

Re: 2x Decklink, PC freezes/stutters! (edit-FIXED)

PostSat Jul 26, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi, just a question, do you get access to all 8 inputs simultaneously?
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Return to Live Production