Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt Not Recognized

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Brandon Robinson

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt Not Recognized

PostSun Jul 20, 2014 12:13 am

Hello All,

I recently purchased the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt model and I'm experiencing some issues that I haven't been able to resolve. Upon purchase, I downloaded the most recent version of the software from the Blackmagic support site, plugged in my device and went to System Preferences-> Blackmagic Design to make sure that the settings were correct (as per the user manual)

Unfortunately, the device is not being recognized... All of the drop down boxes and settings are greyed out. When examining the device itself it does appear to be receiving power (due to the white LED emitting from the inside) but I still can't seem to find a way to make my computer recognize it.

I have a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro 2.6 GHZ Intel Core i7 running OS X Mavericks 10.9.4. I installed the newest version of Blackmagic Desktop Video 10.1.2 and I'm using an official Apple Thunderbolt cable...
Respectfully request assistance from any thoughtful users/moderators/employees.

Thank you in advance,
-Brandon Robinson

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt Not Recognized

PostWed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Just to verify, are you using a the Thunderbolt cable in the proper port?
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Brandon Robinson

PostThu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 am

Good Morning Tony,

Indeed, it's in the right port... I'm beginning to think that the Thurderbolt cable is bad but I bought it brand new at an Apple store... I'm going back tomorrow to return it and we'll see if that resolves the issue.

I'll post updates as they happen...

Thanks,
-Brandon

Gary Meyers

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 12:27 pm

I just purchase my Intensity Shuttle with Thunderbolt last week from B&H in Manhattan. My MacBook Pro recognizes the device via Thunderbolt but I can not receive a signal using the RCA input jacks to capture some old Betamax video. I've searched the forums and all I see are many complaints about BM's support. Any help out there? Thanks in advance.

Adam Simmons

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 9:01 am

What are your setting in the BM system panel? And what are your setting inside Media Express (assuming you are using that for testing input)
Also you have to bear in mind that if you are using old tapes the signal may be degraded so you may have to use a timebase corrector to clean up the signal
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Post Production