VLC Live view Intensity extreme

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

festaman

VLC Live view Intensity extreme

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 5:10 pm

I am trying to use an app on my Mac for a Live view of the Intensity. I would use media express but i don't want to have viewers see all the controls and what not when i am doing a remote meeting.

I am using the BME to demo mobile hardware and software during web meetings or live streams.

VLC doesn't even show the BME as a usable capture device. Is there any other apps or tricks that will help?

Thanks

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: VLC Live view Intensity extreme

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 5:50 pm

I've tested this myself and I don't see it working with Mac. I do know it will work with PC though.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

festaman

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:I've tested this myself and I don't see it working with Mac. I do know it will work with PC though.

Tony thanks for the replies. I am having the same issues in Quicktime as well. I am not able to see the Extreme in there either.

Is there a mac app i can use for a live preview besides Media Express?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Not that I'm aware of but that's not to say there isn't one available through a 3rd party. Maybe another user here might have that information for you.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

zakk

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 6:48 pm

This seems to be an issue with the new DesktopVideo 10.x software/drivers.

If I uninstall and go back to 9.9.3 the 'Blackmagic' device shows up in VLC, and it shows up as an AVFoundation device in any software that uses that API.

With 10.x it doesn't show up. I think there was ONE time where it showed up in my custom software (which uses AVFoundation), but it never showed up again in any AVFoundation program that enumerated available capture devices.

Is there a bug tracker or some place I can report this? It would be great to have this fixed/resolved :(

festaman

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 1:27 am

zakk wrote:This seems to be an issue with the new DesktopVideo 10.x software/drivers.

If I uninstall and go back to 9.9.3 the 'Blackmagic' device shows up in VLC, and it shows up as an AVFoundation device in any software that uses that API.

With 10.x it doesn't show up. I think there was ONE time where it showed up in my custom software (which uses AVFoundation), but it never showed up again in any AVFoundation program that enumerated available capture devices.

Is there a bug tracker or some place I can report this? It would be great to have this fixed/resolved :(

Thanks for the feedback, least I know i am not going crazy. Will the older version also work with mavericks?

festaman

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Just an update. I got VLC working with video at least. I haven't tried audio yet.

I rolled back the Desktop Video software to the latest version 9 and wah lah it worked!

festaman

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 7:01 pm

New update after upgrading to a new machine and yosemite i am not longer able to live stream from VLC

Return to Post Production