Permissions

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Borowski

Permissions

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 6:36 pm

I am getting the attached error messages, tried disc utility to no avail, removed the disc from prefs and re installed again no joy, any ideas? regards JJB

DV Resolve unable to write to select cache path///// Ensure DVR has write permissions etc
Mac Book Pro Late 2013
Proces 2.6Ghz

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Permissions

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 12:14 am

In Resolve Project Settings / General Options / Working Folders, what IS the Cache files location?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

John Borowski

PostSat Oct 18, 2014 9:23 am

Dwaine Hi,
really appreciate the reply. please bare with me
Let me give you a little background, firstly I am a complete newbie to DVR however totally impressed with what I have been able to achieve in the week I have been using it. ( was using DVR 11 Lite)
Last evening installed installed Yosemite...... thats when it all went belly up.
Hence the posting on the forum.
ok, so after installation 10.10 tried to open DVR to be met with the error messages as described, cache path etc.
Scratching around for a solution I realised 11.1 as opposed to 11 may be the solution.
Installed 11.1, success in as much as no error messages re cache and gallery however was not able to import xml file successfully. error message saying "54 clips could not be found"
Now when opening DVR I get yet another error message "Please quit DVR and install appropriate CUDA driver for your GPU.
I am on a MacBook Pro 15" Retina,late 2013, 2.6 Ghz
I have set both the DVR and working prefs to any external drive "new Scratch" which is part of my Lacie Big T back up system.

Phew thanks for your patience.....
Hope to hear from you soon, sad I know but as a stills photographer really keen to achieve the same style in my video and think DVR is the way to go, cheers jjb

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 7:30 pm

If you've installed Yosemite, you will need a newer CUDA version than our currently recommended 6.0.37. I would suggest installing the current 6.5.18 version.

You can see what version you have in Mac System Prefs, CUDA. There is an update button in the CUDA window. Even though it will say your current version needs to be updated, the update button will be grayed out and say no new version available, if your system behaves the same as other systems.

So you'll need to download CUDA from the NVIDIA driver download site here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

When you try to install it, OSX won't let you, and you'll need to go to Mac System Prefs / Security and Privacy to sort that out.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve