SDK makes ATEM frezze

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

repsej

SDK makes ATEM frezze

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 9:24 am

I am in the process of developing and application that makes the ATEM, animate between different super source, so the boxes glides, from one position to the next. I have done it a way where I just use the program to set the supersource settings lots of times per secund, it works but the atem froze when I had no delay, (of course). Then I add 10 ms of delay between every update, and this works must of the time, but the other day had a frozze again.
So what is the proper way to update some settings very often? So it will be reliable to do in a live show.
If you need more information just ask.

Thanks
Jesper Roager

Julusian

Re: SDK makes ATEM frezze

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 am

You are likely overloading the network stack of the ATEM.

I would suggest limiting it so that your program to match the framerate of the atem. Going any faster than that won't have any visual improvements.

This approach of supersource animations from external software is a pretty common approach to animating. I have seen people do it for years.

repsej

Re: SDK makes ATEM frezze

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 12:00 pm

Hello

Thanks for the answer.

We are using a framerate of 25 frames per second. So this means i need a delay of 40 ms.

Is there a callback function that is call at every frame, to remove the need for a hardcoded delay?

Thanks in advance

Return to Software Developers