DeckLink SDK Qt Capture preview

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Petar Petrov

DeckLink SDK Qt Capture preview

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 am

Hello, does someone have a code example in Qt? The sdk includes MFC capture preview examples.

Ive found this project: https://github.com/cwilling/decklinkviewer But I couldn´t get it working in windows with the new sdk (The project was made for decklink sdk 7.3)

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Petar Petrov

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: DeckLink SDK Qt Capture preview

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 am

Hi Petar,

Unfortunately we do not yet have a Qt-based CapturePreview sample, we do have plans for this sample.

My advice is to refer to the Linux SignalGenerator sample, which uses a Qt-based screen preview with the IDeckLinkGLScreenPreviewHelper[1]. The same principle will apply for capture, both IDeckLinkInput and IDeckLInkOutput can register a class with base IDeckLinkScreenPreviewCallback[2] via SetScreenPreviewCallback()[3] method.

Regards
Cameron

Refs (DeckLink SDK manual)
[1] 2.5.23 IDeckLinkGLScreenPreviewHelper Interface
[2] 2.5.22 IDeckLinkScreenPreviewCallback Interface
[3] 2.5.4.3 IDeckLinkInput::SetScreenPreviewCallback method

Petar Petrov

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 8:23 am

Thanks, I will give it a go.

Petar Petrov

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 9:28 am

Im unsure how to preview the signal that is coming from an input.

I have succesfuly combined both SignalGenerator and Capture preview examples with Qt and I have the preview callback working. The issue is, I want to capture using FFmpeg which is an external binary and preview what is capturing from the api, the example of SignalGenerator manually creates the frames that are going to be shown to a IDeckLinkOutputDevice on a ScreenPreviewCallback. And in the other hand, the capture preview example, captures so it blocks my input device so ffmpeg cant capture.

How can I preview on a OutputDevice whatever is coming into an InputDevice no matter if im capturing or not?

Thanks,
Petar Petrov

Return to Software Developers