VancOutput ancillary data transmission on the fly

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

ThierryT

VancOutput ancillary data transmission on the fly

PostFri Oct 25, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi,

I’m trying to control parameters of Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera by using VancOutput (ancillary data) SDK sample.
As an example, I modify “Set auto exposure mode” without any problem by setting :

kSDIRemoteControlData[9] = { 0x01, 0x05, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x0a, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 }; //manual
kSDIRemoteControlData[9] = { 0x01, 0x05, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x0a, 0x01, 0x00, 0x01 }; //iris
Etc.

Compile and run ok.

In callback function “HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE GetBytes(BMDAncillaryPacketFormat format, const void** data, INT32_UNSIGNED* size)”, format is equal only one time to bmdAncillaryPacketFormatUInt8. Rest of the time, format is equal to bmdAncillaryPacketFormatUInt16. Why?
That means kSDIRemoteControlData is given to “data” only one time. I think the reason is there is no need to transmit repetitively the same ancillary data.
Passing new kSDIRemoteControlData on the fly (with mutex control) in GetBytes() function can not work.

Then, how can I transmit different parameters (ancillary data) to the camera on the fly ?

Regards,

Thierry

Return to Software Developers