Capture frames, processing and display

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Bukaj25

Capture frames, processing and display

PostWed Jan 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Hello,

I would like to make software which capture frames from camera connected to Blackmagic DeckLink Quad 2, process these with OpenCV and display they on PC screen. I analized CapturePreview and LiveProcessing simple programs, but still I haven't any idea to resolve this problem. Eventually i will be forced to create my own schedule playback, but maybe someone has some clue how resolve this problem.

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Capture frames, processing and display

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 2:38 am

Hi Jakub,

Could you please elaborate on the issue you are seeing. The Live Video Processing with OpenCV sample should be the best example to start from. You should be particularly interested in the movement of IDeckLinkVideoInputFrame to cv::Mat in the IDeckLinkInputCallback::VideoInputFrameArrived callback.

Were you able to get the sample running?

Regards
Cameron

Bukaj25

Re: Capture frames, processing and display

PostThu Jan 09, 2020 11:40 am

I build Live Video Processing project and it return error "Could not start video output", because I have not any output. As output I would like some dialog window like in sample "Capture Preview". I comment in Live Video Processing code responsible for output so I can stop debugging in VideoInputFrameArrived, but unfortunately I get black/empty frames. To resolve my problem I think about to create my own ScheduledPlayback which will display video on PC display with using cv::imshow function. Before I start program it I wonder there is some ready solution of this issue, because own ScheduledPlayback looks very hard to do.

Return to Software Developers