SOLVED Videohub library load disallowed by system policy

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

lanephillips

SOLVED Videohub library load disallowed by system policy

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 7:23 pm

We got a new Smart Videohub CleanSwitch 12x12 to play with. I installed the SDK using the InstallAPIBundle.sh script. Then I compiled and ran the VideohubList sample project in Xcode.

This message appears in the console:

Error loading /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Videohub/VideohubAPI.bundle/Contents/MacOS/VideohubAPI: dlopen(/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Videohub/VideohubAPI.bundle/Contents/MacOS/VideohubAPI, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Videohub/VideohubAPI.bundle/Contents/MacOS/VideohubAPI: code signature in (/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Videohub/VideohubAPI.bundle/Contents/MacOS/VideohubAPI) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy

My Google research is not turning up a clear solution.
Last edited by lanephillips on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lanephillips

Re: Videohub library load disallowed by system policy

PostThu Jan 30, 2020 8:13 pm

I figured it out. It turns out the library bundle was "quarantined" the way Apple does whenever you download a file from an unknown source. I confirmed this with
Code: Select all
ls -l@ "/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Videohub/"

I was then able to remove the flag with
Code: Select all
sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine "/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Videohub/VideohubAPI.bundle"
and the sample application successfully detected the Videohub on our network.

Return to Software Developers