Make SDK-CapturePreview work

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

michaelukw

Make SDK-CapturePreview work

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 7:18 am

Hello everyone,

since there is no interface on linux to capture the images from the blackmagic grabber with openCV, I have to use the SDK. Unfortunately I have no experience with C++ build tools.
I could make the "Capture" project compile and run, there was some nice informations about the parameters, when I just tried to execute the generated "Capture" file by terminal. But for the "CapturePreview" project QT is involved. I tried to run the build.sh, which is including in the sample code. First it was not working, but after installing QT it did do something. Then there is a "Makefile" I can run a lot of parts of it, but usually it is telling me "Nothing to be done for '...whatever...'".
So since I have no experience with those things, I don't know what is to do. I need your help, but keep in mind, maybe there is not really problem at all, and I just need the right command to run it. In the documentation pdf, there is no information, for the CapturePreview project itself, so I guess it is something self explanatory.
So pls tell me:
How can I build/install the project? (Dependencies, other tools, commands etc.)
How to run it?

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 64bit
And the SDK 11.5.4
BR Michael

Return to Software Developers