Getting initial input colorspace of HDMI capture fails

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

techie

Getting initial input colorspace of HDMI capture fails

PostThu Nov 02, 2023 6:29 pm

Hi,
I'm running your InputLoopThrough v12.7 SDK sample code in Linux on a DeckLink Studio 4K card with some modifications to read the input video colorspace once video capture has begun. When video input connection is set to HDMI (before the capture starts), any attempts to read the colorspace results in the command returning with S_FALSE (0x0001) result code. If I then switch the source to SDI during the capture, the colorspace is read correctly. If I switch the source back to HDMI, the colorspace is now read successfully.
If I start capture with video input source set to SDI, the colorspace is also read successfully.
I'm confused! It seems there might be an issue with the firmware or drivers not initializing the colorspace properly for HDMI, at least initially. Please help!

Note, to read the ColorSpace, I use:
decklink_input_status_-> GetInt(bmdDeckLinkStatusDetectedVideoInputColorspace, &statusInt)
where decklink_input_status_ is of type com_ptr<IDeckLinkStatus> and is initialized by a member initializer list of the constructor of the class DeckLinkInputDevice: Public IDecklinkInputCallback
decklink_input_status_(IID_IDeckLinkStatus, device)

Return to Software Developers