Multicamera and multi track wav

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Santiago

Multicamera and multi track wav

PostTue Jan 09, 2024 11:23 pm

Hi there!

I have an issue when importing multitrack WAV files while working on multicamera recordings. Each camera has its own audio that we use as a reference for sync. However, we record sound with an external recorder using 2 or 3 RF microphones and/or a support boom. In these multitrack WAV files, there is usually a premix of all the channels, so we may have between 3 and 4 tracks.

When I import these WAV files into DaVinci, they appear as a single clip, but when editing on a timeline, all the tracks are visible. However, when I want to use it in multicamera mode, it appears as a single clip without the possibility of manipulating each track independently.

Other editing software has solved this issue by allowing access to individual tracks when working in multicamera mode. The way I currently handle it is by copying and pasting the individual tracks from a timeline to the multicamera clip using "open in timeline" for further editing. This way, I can place the camera audios on A1, A2, A3 for synchronization, and the independent microphones on A4, A5, A6. Later, in the editing timeline, I have to duplicate the audio track and select these tracks so that during editing, the audio is always referenced to the multicamera.

It would be very convenient if this process could be simplified, both when creating multicamera setups and when editing the group on a timeline, making it easier to access the microphone tracks.

I hope I have explained myself clearly. Thank you.
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2024-01-09 a las 17.01.56.png
Captura de pantalla 2024-01-09 a las 17.01.56.png (251.12 KiB) Viewed 1298 times

Return to Software Developers