Color space and depth mismatch

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Bryan Krawetz

Color space and depth mismatch

PostWed Oct 08, 2014 6:51 pm

I've tried a variety of resolutions and framerates from various input devices, yet I'm getting a lot of nothing out of my Studio 4K card, either in Media Express or even using the auto-detect SDK sample.

As far as I can tell, I'm using supported resolutions and framerates (I have one device that works at 1080p30 and 720p60 with RGB444). If there is a color space or depth mismatch, what is the expected behaviour of the Studio 4K capture card?

Are there any recommended tools to help me dig into why I'm not capturing any video?

Thanks!

Reuben

Re: Color space and depth mismatch

PostFri Oct 10, 2014 3:26 am

What source device? Those settings are not very common. And what type of interface?

More likely that the device uses 1080p@29.97, 1080i@59.94, or 720p@59.94 with YUV422 or YUV420P color space.

Bryan Krawetz

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 2:20 pm

The device that works at 1080p30 and 720p60 with RGB444 is a chromebook.

The others I've tried are a chromebox, linux PC with nvidia card, and a Sony alpha 7s camera. For all of these devices, I believe I've tried pretty much every reasonable combination of resolution, frame rate and color space with no success.

Are there any utilities or API from Blackmagic that will let me know what signal it's receiving, and what it doesn't like about it?

All these devices appear to produce legit HDMI signals. At least, the TV I have has no problem displaying them, and the reported resolution and frame rates (reported by the TV via OSD) are as expected.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 5:17 pm

I'm not familiar with Chromebooks or your Nvidia card but the reason why it's showing on the TV but not the capture card could be because of HDCP via the connection.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Return to Post Production