HyperDeck Shuttle no audio

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Bob Bailey

HyperDeck Shuttle no audio

PostThu Nov 20, 2014 9:18 pm

This looked like the best place to ask my question. I use a HyperDeck Shuttle to playback Football Games I produce for our local CW for Sunday night broadcast. I record in Apple ProRes 422 HQ. I edit in FCP7. I export the finished file to the SSD and check it in the HyperDeck Shuttle where it plays like a charm. The station has aired all my games done this way all season. I'm looking at making a change next year to FCPX.

I've done some test editing in FCPX using the same recorded footage I'd previously edited in FCP7. My export to the SSD is also Apple Pro Res 422 HQ.

These exported finished games from FCP7 AND FCPX will playback on the computer with which it was edited using Quicktime player and the video and audio are perfect.

When exporting from my new iMac which hosts the FCPX program, the quicktime player will playback the file with video and audio. However, when I play the file with the HyperDeck Shuttle, I get video with no audio.

I currently have an SSD with an exported file from FCP7 AND and exported file from FCPX both in Apple Pro Res 422 HQ. The Using the HyperDeck Shuttle, the FCP7 file plays as video and audio but the one exported from FCPX plays only video. How can that be?

Bob Bailey

Re: HyperDeck Shuttle no audio

PostFri Nov 21, 2014 7:27 pm

I just now did a new test. I made sure while in FCPX the output file was Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) and audio was Linear PCM and I shared with export to my SSD.

I then sent the file to Compressor and had Compressor run the file thru as Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) also exported to the SSD but named differently.

The SSD also still has the game from a week ago which is an Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) with Linear PCM audio.

All three of these files playback on the iMac desktop with Quicktime player as video and audio.

In the HyperDeck Shuttle the game file produced with FCP7 playsback fine with video and audio. The two clips exported with FCPX playback with video but no audio.

Make no sense to me.

Return to Software Developers