Smartview Ethernet Protocol Not Working In Terminal

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Max Rowan

Smartview Ethernet Protocol Not Working In Terminal

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 10:51 am

Hi All

I've been trying to gain control of a SmartScope Duo 4K through the ethernet protocol via MacOS Terminal. I can connect to the scope and receive the status dump, but sending commands is unresponsive. I tried the same thing with the VideoHub protocol/unit and it worked just fine.

I read that the Smartview Protocol requires a CR (10) carriage return, but MacOS only provides CR (13-10).

I tried this on Windows CMD prompt and received the same issue though. Status dump received, but commands are unresponsive.

Could anyone spread some light on this issue? I'm following the protocol as listed in the manual. Is there a "send" command that I am missing?

Perhaps someone knows a terminal emulator that sends the desired carriage return?

All suggestions appreciated.

Cheers, Max

Daniel Moore

Re: Smartview Ethernet Protocol Not Working In Terminal

PostThu Dec 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi Max,

Telnet by default sends a CRLF between lines but the SmartView protocol currently requires a LF only. On Mac, you can use the 'nc' command instead to communicate as by default it sends LF only.

cheers
Daniel

Max Rowan

Re: Smartview Ethernet Protocol Not Working In Terminal

PostThu Dec 25, 2014 10:41 pm

This worked perfectly! Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Max

Return to Software Developers