Linux support

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

rinaldomerlo

Linux support

PostSat Dec 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi,

I've been using a Blackmagic Intensity Pro and I must say I'm very impressed with the Linux compatibility (Ubuntu 14.04 in my case). It worked pretty much out of the box.

Do the Shuttle or the Extreme have similar linux compatibility? It doesn't say so on their website, which makes me think no, but worth asking.

Thanks.

rinaldomerlo

Re: Linux support

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 9:56 am

Ignore this post. I can see it's all very well specified on the website. Should have read properly before posting.

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: Linux support

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 6:08 pm

The Intensity Extreme via Thunderbolt and Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt are able to function with the Blackmagic Design Linux driver but with limitations as there is no official certification for Thunderbolt on Linux. Some of the functions like sleep, resume and hot plug which are mainly part of Windows support of Thunderbolt are not supported so it limited.

There is no USB3 support for Intensity Shuttle USB3 model for the Blackmagic Design Desktop Video driver. (that is the driver for Decklink, Intensity and Ultrastudio video capture and playback products).

Matt Jefferson

Return to Software Developers