Correct method to restart Decklink playback using scheduler?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Andrew Devine

Correct method to restart Decklink playback using scheduler?

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 8:15 am

Hello,
I am in need of help again please. I need to know how to re-start pre-rolled frames using IDeckLinkOutput::StartScheduledPlayback, after stopping with IDeckLinkOutput::StopScheduledPlayback.

System
Decklink Quad
Windows 7 64bit
BM Desktop Video v 10.3.1
BM Decklink SDK 10.3.1 (included latest .idl files in VS 2010 project)
Visual Studio 2010

So far I been able to:
1. Pre-roll 25 frames using IDeckLinkOutput::ScheduleVideoFrame to an SDI output for PAL video. Playback start time is set as per example code using, i.e. numberOfFramesScheduled*FrameDuration.
2. Start the output using IDeckLinkOutput::StartScheduledPlayback
3. Re-schedule each frame again as it is completed within ScheduledFrameCompleted

This outputs a smooth video, without any dropped frames ok.

I have been trying for a couple of days now to stop the output (would be good if possible to disable output including sync pulses) and then re-start.
I realise I had to re-schedule the frames again (using ScheduleVideoFrame) before calling StartScheduledPlayback again but the output is corrupted and I get frames dropping.

Could someone list the correct steps to stop and re-start a set of frames please. I have also been able to replace the buffer contents while playback is active ok without any issues.

Thanks very much,
Andy

stanislav.petkov

Re: Correct method to restart Decklink playback using schedu

PostThu Jan 08, 2015 8:40 am

After restart you can schedule 4 black frames this will help to stabilize the output and then start playing

Return to Software Developers