Need help for DeckLink Studio 4k on Linux

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Vitalii Khatiushyn

Need help for DeckLink Studio 4k on Linux

PostThu Feb 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi All - I'm trying to get decklink studio 4k to work on linux without any luck. kernel module is compiled and loaded but card is not listed under devices and BlackMagicFirmwareUpdate status returns nothing

lspci: 01:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Blackmagic Design Device a137
lsmod | grep black : blackmagic 554203 0
uhname -r : 3.15.2-1-ARCH
decklink: 10.3.7a4

Thank you

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: Need help for DeckLink Studio 4k on Linux

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 1:56 am

HI Vitalii -

Please contact your closest Blackmagic Design support and you can use our website support to direct your inquiry to see if it is a hardware issue or Driver issue. If you have run the firmware updater Linux application and you card has not updated and not recognized, it could be a hardware failure or power /bios settings issue.

Please provide all the information including System, host model, motherboard, RAM, CPU model, serial # of Decklink Studio 4K, distribution/kernel and all your settings to the support area email on our main website via support and then scroll down to the middle bottom to see the link that says "email us".

Vitalii Khatiushyn

Re: Need help for DeckLink Studio 4k on Linux

PostWed Mar 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Tech support pointed that DeckLink Studio has to be used with blackmagic-io kernel module, my build script had to be updated to build that module. After that I was able to see card using firmware update utility.
But now using latest 10.3.1 SDK video capture examples don't work except the one to list device properties. The capture example will just seg fault.

Return to Software Developers