Missing DecklinkInterface.h ?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Tony Hernandez

Missing DecklinkInterface.h ?

PostSun Mar 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Hello, Im a litle new to C
I downloaded last Decklink SDK 10.3.1, I can run DEcklinkCapture.exe located at Blackmagic DeckLink SDK 10.3.1\Win\DirectShow\Samples\bin
I opened the DecklinkCapture project (Blackmagic DeckLink SDK 10.3.1\Win\DirectShow\Samples\DecklinkCapture) in Visual Studio 2008 but when I try to compile I get an error that says:
Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'DecklinkInterface.h': No such file or directory ..

I do not find the file 'DecklinkInterface.h' in any directory
but it is refenced in stdafx.h
#include <strsafe.h>
#include <DecklinkInterface.h> // Decklink
#include <Dshowasf.h> // Windows Media Encoder

What I miss ?
How to get the app compiled in VS2008 ?

Tony Hernandez

Re: Missing DecklinkInterface.h ?

PostSun Mar 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Solved, Instead of opening the project alone, I opened the samples solution in VS2008 and now compiles ok
Now remains Decklink histogram, playback and other 2 apps to resolve as said cannot open include file "dxtrans.h"

Roman Ryltsov

Re: Missing DecklinkInterface.h ?

PostSat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 am

dxtrans.h is from DirectX SDK. It is unlikely to have anything absolutely needed, just some unrelated internal reference. Chances are high that you can simply comment some stuff out (perhaps in a few iterations), or simply install DirectX SDK to have the header available.

Return to Software Developers