Get connect device name

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Benjamin Samson

Get connect device name

PostFri Mar 27, 2015 9:22 am

Hi, I'm using decklink SDK to playout the video. Is it possible to get the device information which is connected to decklink card? Thanks!

Regards,
Benjamin

Benjamin Samson

Re: Get connect device name

PostSun Mar 29, 2015 10:28 am

Dear Blackmagic team, some one help me for the above question! Thanks

Regards,
Benjamin

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 01, 2015 11:05 pm

Can you please explain your request and or workflow in more detail?

Are you wanting to label your destination of output ? Are you looking to send the SDI format, resolution and frame rate information into the ancillary data?

You cannot get device name or manufacturing model information over SDI unless the application has been written specifically outside our driver to provide that information in meta data. We do have a number of boards that support automatic format detection on input. There is a sample in the SDK download to provide that information to an application written with the cross platform Blackmagic Design SDK.

Matt

Benjamin Samson

PostThu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 am

Hello Matt,
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I'm using the decklink 4K card only for playback not for editing, capturing, etc. I use the HDMI port not SDI.

If you take graphics card (Nvidia, AMD, Intel), I can get the display information (Device which is connected to GPU like Monitor, TV or Projector) like device name, device ID,etc.

So, is it possible to get those information if I connect through HDMI (Out) on decklink? or is it possible to get notification through SDK if the output display device to decklink is unplugged?

Regards,
Benjamin

Return to Software Developers