problems with DeckLink linux drivers

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Andres Gonzalez

problems with DeckLink linux drivers

PostTue Apr 21, 2015 2:37 am

I am having problems installing the linux drivers on a newly installed debian box that I have installed a new SDI 4K card into.

I have downloaded: Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Linux_10.4.tar.gz and it extracts and provides 3 pkgs. I have successfully installed all three. It appears that the pkg: desktopvideo_10.4a17_amd64.deb
installs the drivers thru DKMS. However, Media Express reports that it cannot find any hardware.

After install, should there be a blackmagic related driver in /dev? I cannot find anything related to blackmagic in my /dev after the pkg is installed.

Is there any documentation on installing the drivers on debian?

Has the linux driver installation changed since last year? I build a debian box last year and the driver installation was very straightforward. Last year I do not recall using DKMS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Andres Gonzalez
PS
After registering I saw the sticky about using our real names with instructions to contact the admin if our user name is not our real name. Where is the link to contact the admin?

Return to Software Developers