Incorrect colours when playing back RGB stereo

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Babak Khataee

Incorrect colours when playing back RGB stereo

PostMon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi,

I'm experimenting with playing back stereo footage over HDMI using a Decklink 4K Exteme on Linux and have run in to a problem that I was hoping some one here might be able to help me with.

It seems that the TestPattern sample app, which comes with version 10.4 of the Blackmagic SDK, is unable to correctly output the colour bars pattern when using a 10bit RGB pixel format and stereo (./TestPattern -d 0 -m 3 -p 2 -3). The bars of the resulting image are either green/pink/purple. Presumably this is due to some sort of RGB/YUV conversion problem ? Interestingly if stereo is disabled then the resulting image is correct. The TestPattern app seems to have code to perform RGB/YUV conversion so I'm not sure what is missing. I've been able to reproduce this on 2 different tvs and in my own code.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've only recently started working with the Blackmagic SDK so it could easily be something straight forward that I've missed.

Thanks,
Babak

Return to Software Developers