Hyperdeck Pro - timecode out

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Peter Roca

Hyperdeck Pro - timecode out

PostMon Jun 01, 2015 6:08 pm

I'm can't get any timecode output from our new Hyperdeck Studio Pro using the XLR timecode out jack on the back of the deck. I'm using a LTC/VITC Timecode reader device that gets the signal from the deck and converts it to an RS-422 output to the computer. It just reads 00:00:00:00 all the time and never changes

This setup worked with our old analog deck but that used an RCA jack.

Does the Timecode Out jack work on the Hyperdeck Pro? Do I need some kind of setting?

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: Hyperdeck Pro - timecode out

PostWed Jun 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Recommend you touch base with your regional support team as the output port should send out the timecode depending if it being generated by the Hyperdeck studio Pro when it recorder something (if your timecode options where set in the menu system using the jog wheel) or if you sent in compatible time code from input.

As this is not a question on the ethernet protocol nor the RS422 protocol or hyper deck for developer support, please use the regional office hardware support to confirm your compatibility question with the Timecode XLR out to Rs422 to computer question.

You can find by using your regional/ language website url for Blackmagicdesign.com (select country in very lower right) then select support and scroll down to lower middle of page and you will see the email form link that will go to the correct regional office.

Return to Software Developers