Decklink mini recorder black screen

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Paul Fayet

Decklink mini recorder black screen

PostWed Jun 10, 2015 9:24 am

Hi,

I am working on a augmented reality software and I want to acquire a HDMI video stream.
So, I have recently bought a decklink mini recorder, installed it in my computer, installed drivers & Desktop Video, but when I launch Media express, I have no picture/video on my screen. Same for VLC and the Unity plugin "AVPro Live Camera" whereas it is written on the AVPro datasheet that your Mini Recorder card is compatible with this plugin.

What can I do to solve this problem? Is it possible there is a problem with the card or the driver, or our installation?

information that could help:
- Windows 7 (64bits)
- Desktop Video 10.4.1

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: Decklink mini recorder black screen

PostFri Jun 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Paul-
One of the requirements is to make sure that the input side of the Decklink Mini Recorder is set up to capture at the same format, color space and frame rate that is being sent by your camera or source device to the card.
If you are using a HDMI cam corder for example and it outputs 1080i59.94 or 60 with YUV 422 then you need to set the card via utility to that frame rate and format.

If you are using directshow enabled applications or applications that use the WDM API ( VLC and Renderheads provide their own support for the applications mentioned ), you would need to confirm with them what is supported by their applications. Also, we do not support capture of 1080p25/29/30 with the currently shipping 10.4 WDM based filter. We do support these modes via our C++ SDK and you can verify this by using Media Express our included capture and playback application that comes via the driver download.

I would also make sure that the settings in Desktop Utility match those that you set in Media Express when using the Decklink Mini Recorder. If the settings all match and you still do not see the live image from a known good HDMI camera, then you should report a support ticket using the support website.

Return to Software Developers