How to playout MXF through DecklinkApi in C# application

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Anil Dora

How to playout MXF through DecklinkApi in C# application

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi,

I am new to Blackmagic SDK.Please let me know how to write a C# application for controlling the basic (Play/Pause) stuff and streaming a video(MXF) to SDI playout through blackmagic card.

I got some sample applications from the SDK, but the codes are in C++ and hence I am not able to bind the "DeckLinkApi.dll" to my C# application.

Please suggest me.

Thanks,
Anil Dora

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: How to playout MXF through DecklinkApi in C# application

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 11:22 pm

There are no specific capture samples for C sharp. There is an SDK sample for signal generator for Csharp in the folder of SDK download Win Samples SignalGenCsharp which has the source code.

The SDK manual is the only information we provide for capture and playback of video SDK video methods with our products. Also, we do not specifically manage the MXF compressed format on our Decklink, Ultrastudio and Intensity process the video as uncompressed on the card and will playback or decode based on the codec and containers installed by third party software that the user installs on the computer with the desktop video device.

Matt Jefferson

Anil Dora

Re: How to playout MXF through DecklinkApi in C# application

PostSat Jun 27, 2015 7:10 am

Thanks for quick response Matt.

we have a mxf file which need to be streamed/played out to SDI. Through DeckLinkAPI, how can we do it. we saw methods like createVideoFrame and startScheduledvideoFrame but couldn't find how to provide any source/input (say any file such as mp4, mxf, mov).

Return to Software Developers