Internal keyer in Decklink 4K Pro?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Roman Zaytsev

Internal keyer in Decklink 4K Pro?

PostMon Jul 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Hello, guys!
Can anybody tell me is there an internal keyer in Decklink 4K Pro?
I need to know because I plan to use this card in "fill+key" mode like I did with Decklink extreme 3D. Is there the same possibilities?

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: Internal keyer in Decklink 4K Pro?

PostThu Aug 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Yes the Decklink 4K pro has internal and external keying capability like the Decklink Extreme 3 series and 4K series.

From our NAB announcement
DeckLink 4K Pro
DeckLink 4K Pro is a new lower cost 12G-SDI solution for capture and playback. DeckLink 4K Pro is a great solution for monitoring on DaVinci Resolve as well as for OEM’s and developers. This new model features dual link 12G-SDI in and out so it supports real time capture and playback of fill and key channels even when operating up to 2160p60 so its an extremely powerful card!
It includes video reference input and supports Mac, Windows and Linux and it also supports the Blackmagic Design DeckLink SDK.

Martin Kraus

Re: Internal keyer in Decklink 4K Pro?

PostFri Sep 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Matt Jefferson wrote:Yes the Decklink 4K pro has internal and external keying capability like the Decklink Extreme 3 series and 4K series.

From our NAB announcement
DeckLink 4K Pro
DeckLink 4K Pro is a new lower cost 12G-SDI solution for capture and playback. DeckLink 4K Pro is a great solution for monitoring on DaVinci Resolve as well as for OEM’s and developers. This new model features dual link 12G-SDI in and out so it supports real time capture and playback of fill and key channels even when operating up to 2160p60 so its an extremely powerful card!
It includes video reference input and supports Mac, Windows and Linux and it also supports the Blackmagic Design DeckLink SDK.

If any DeckLink card had internal keying at 2160p60 that would be awesome.

Return to Software Developers