c# - Capabilities not listed

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Mario Pero

c# - Capabilities not listed

PostWed Aug 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi,
I'm writing a program to capture video from medical endoscope from its SDI output. I've installed a Decklink SDI 4K card. When my program lists Capabilities from selected device, I can see only six or seven Capabilities instead, when I look for available capabilities in Media Express (for the same device) I can see twenty or plus capabilities.

So. Media Express capture video at a resolution of 1920x1080 while my program maxes out at 720x576.
These are resolutions that I can see in the properties of the images or movies stored on my PC.

Where is the problem? :? :? :? :?

Thanks....Mario
Information technology is not an opinion

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

Re: c# - Capabilities not listed

PostTue Aug 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Mario,

Could you please provide some more detail?

Note that MediaExpress uses the DesktopVideo SDK, and I presume from context your application is using the DirectShow API.

Note that like the DesktopVideo SDK, the DirectShow API must be configured to match the video mode and pixel format of the input signal to successfully capture video.

Could you please clarify if you are using the older DirectShow filters, or the WDM capture filters?

Cheers,

-nick

Mario Pero

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi Nick,

Thank You for your reply.

In effect I'm using DirectShow API (I have no time and the Black Magic SDK documentation does not help me). I realized that this kind of setting is required.
I also realized that the input resolution is really the one made available by the card and the resolution used for saving images (and video) is the one set for the project (referring to Media Express).
Now, I'd like to know which is the process used by Media Express to save an image (or video) at 1920x1080 when the input resolution is 720x576.

It is maybe carried out a scaling operation of each frame?

Regards, Mario
Information technology is not an opinion

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Aug 17, 2015 12:04 am

Hi Mario,

If your application has a requirement to process an incoming PAL signal as HD, you will need to implement / integrate code to upscale the frame data.

Please note that MediaExpress will save a PAL signal as PAL, and does not include the ability to upscale to HD.

Cheers,

-nick

Return to Software Developers