Delphi example

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Peter Farkas

Delphi example

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Hi there,
I am a Delphi programmer (Xe7). I don't know c, c++, c#. Which is sad, but my question is do you guys have working Delphi examples? I'd like to shot a frame / picture from the HDMI in when a button pushed.

if found this:
sourceforge.net/projects/decklink-sdk-delphi/

But it's really outdated.

Thank you, i'd be really happy if you could help me with an example.

Dave Johnstone

Re: Delphi example

PostSat Aug 29, 2015 7:48 am

Hi Peter,

Just an idea, but does Delphi have Gstreamer bindings? It may be easier to let Gstreamer handle the Decklink interface than port one of the current SDK examples.

On second thoughts, Delphi means Windows doesn't it? If so, I believe there is a windows version of Gstreamer called Direct Show or similar. If you only need to grab a frame, this should be easy to do.

Regards,

Dave.
Freelance Television Broadcast Engineer
and Software Programmer.

Peter Farkas

PostSat Aug 29, 2015 8:08 am

Hi Dave,
i checked, it seems Gstreamer doesn't have Delphi bindings, but thank you for you input.

Btw my card is Intensity Pro 4K

Regards,
Peter

Michael Bunk

PostWed Sep 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Did you download the Decklink SDK? It contains the documentation how to talk to your devices. It is all about COM, which Delphi supports very well. You don't need to install the SDK to use the COM interfaces though:

In the Delphi IDE just go to the "Components" menu, "Import Component", select "Import type library", select "DeckLink API Library"... and let it generate a unit for your use. I use a German Delphi version, so the exact wording of the menu entries can be different.

Peter Farkas

PostWed Sep 23, 2015 1:15 pm

This sounds very interesting indeed. Especially the second part. I would try, but for now someone's made to me an DLL written in c (c++? don't know and i don't have to know) and a Delphi unit what uses that DLL. It works good.

But thank you so much!
Regards
Peter

Oleksandr Nazaruk

davidstephan

Return to Software Developers