Intensity pro 4K and SDK 10.5.1

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Pierre Faucher

Intensity pro 4K and SDK 10.5.1

PostMon Nov 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm used to program with intensity pro for 3 years ( SDK 9.5, windows seven 32 bits, DELL motherboard)

This code work fine with intensity pro, unfortunately it fails with intensity pro 4K (SDK 10.5.1, windows seven 64 bits, DELL motherboard)

Code: Select all
HRESULT                   result;
IDeckLinkIterator         *deckLinkIterator = NULL;
IDeckLink                 *deckLink = NULL;
IDeckLinkConfiguration    *deckLinkConfig = NULL;
IDeckLinkInput            *deckLinkInput = NULL;

result = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CDeckLinkIterator, NULL, CLSCTX_ALL, IID_IDeckLinkIterator, (void**)&deckLinkIterator);
//result = S_OK

result = deckLinkIterator->Next(&deckLink);
//result = S_OK   

result = deckLink->QueryInterface(IID_IDeckLinkConfiguration, (void**)&deckLinkConfig);
//result = S_OK

result = deckLinkConfig->SetInt(bmdDeckLinkConfigVideoInputConnection, bmdVideoConnectionHDMI);
//result = S_OK

result = deckLink->QueryInterface(IID_IDeckLinkInput, (void**)&deckLinkInput);
//result = S_OK

BMDDisplayModeSupport theresult;
deckLinkInput->DoesSupportVideoMode(bmdModeHD1080i50, bmdFormat10BitRGB, bmdVideoInputFlagDefault, &theresult, NULL);
//theresult = 1 (bmdDisplayModeNotSupported)

result = deckLinkInput->EnableVideoInput(bmdModeHD1080i50, bmdFormat10BitRGB, 1);
//result = E_ACCESSDENIED

The EnableVideoInput return E_ACCESSDENIED

Of course I'm admin of this station

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Pierre.

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity pro 4K and SDK 10.5.1

PostTue Nov 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Pierre -
Recommend you update your Intensity Pro 4K with a firmware update with 10.5.1. If you are able to compile to support YUV and if that format works, your hardware is working.

The methods of handling YUV and RGB have changed with above driver and firmware release. If you are getting errors to your application with Intensity Pro 4k and have completed firmware update, then contact developer support whose email is on page 14 of SDK manual.

Thank you.

Return to Software Developers