dvpInitGLContext(DVP_DEVICE_FLAGS_SHARE_APP_CONTEXT) failed

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

MarkusPilen

dvpInitGLContext(DVP_DEVICE_FLAGS_SHARE_APP_CONTEXT) failed

PostMon Feb 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to get the sample project LoopThroughWithOpenGLCompositing from the DeckLink SDK to work. I've connected my BlackMagic Studio Camera 4K into a Decklink Mini Recorder and back again to Decklink SDI 4k, and managed to run the InputLoopThrough sample. However, for the LoopThroughWithOpenGLCompositing project, the dvInitGLContext(DVP_DEVICE_FLAGS_SHARE_APP_CONTEXT) statement fails, and I can't figure out (or google myself to) why that happens.

The exact same thing happened when I tried it on completely different hardware except for the camera. So, is this a camera issue? I'm clueless here.

Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K4200 (first hardware setup) and NVIDIA Quadro K2000M (second hardware setup)
1080p, 25fps

EDIT (solution found):
Finally got it working, by:
* Downloading the latest SDK
* Updating all drivers with Desktop Video Utility
* Replacing the Mini Recorder with a Duo card (since the Desktop Video Utility dien't find the Mini Recorder after upgrading its driver...)
So, I still don't know what exactly that solved the issue, but now it works at least.

Return to Software Developers