Decklink Quad 2: inputs and the SDK

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

patrickfelt

Decklink Quad 2: inputs and the SDK

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 9:18 pm

i've been playing with some new DL quad 2 boards we got the other day and had some questions. i'm a bit new to this field so excuse stupidly phrased questions.

1) on the quad 2 there is the concept of connection mapping. each port on the back is mapped into a DL quad chip on the board. documentation isn't too specific on why i would want a chip to have two external ports on it. is that 2x input, 1x input+1x output, 2x output? what would the use case be there?

2) i broke down and installed the desktop video package so that i could change all the port mappings to what i would suppose is half-duplex? i don't see how that tool is making the change. i can't see any api call that would allow me to set the duplex or change the port mapping (at least in the dec 2015 sdk). is there a way that i can reset the board to different configurations programmatically, or do i need to use the desktop utility to do it every time?

patrickfelt

Re: Decklink Quad 2: inputs and the SDK

PostWed Mar 30, 2016 10:15 pm

i found another post referencing an updated sdk. that was my issue.

Ivan Kolesnikov

Re: Decklink Quad 2: inputs and the SDK

PostMon Aug 14, 2017 8:05 pm

patrickfelt wrote:i found another post referencing an updated sdk. that was my issue.

Hi, can you please share this post? I have the same problem.

Return to Software Developers