[Resolved] DoesSupportVideoMode issue

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Lionel Muratore

PostTue Apr 26, 2016 10:56 am

Hi,

I'm currently trying to determine if a card supports bmdVideoInputEnableFormatDetection.
I'm using drivers 10.5.4 (the support page is currently not visible to check updates) under Windows 7 x64 pro.

The problem:
Call: pIDeckLinkInput->DoesSupportVideoMode (standard, format, bmdVideoInputEnableFormatDetection, &support, &pMode));

With:
standard=bmdModeHD1080i50
format=bmdFormat10BitYUV

Returns: S_OK with support = bmdDisplayModeSupported for theses card:
Decklink Duo, Decklink Quad, Decklink 4K, Decklink 12G BUT also for Decklink HD Extreme 3D.

But when I call EnableVideoInput for the "HD Extreme 3D" with these options it fails. If I remove the detection, it works well.

Could you check if it's a bug in DoesSupportVideoMode or EnableVideoInput because I'm not sure if this card support detection?

Best regards,

Lionel
Last edited by Lionel Muratore on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lionel Muratore
Software Engineer, France

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

Re: DoesSupportVideoMode issue

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 4:36 am

Hi Lionel,

Whether a particular card supports input format detection is an attribute of the device, and not of a particular video mode.

As the bmdVideoInputEnableFormatDetection[1] flag has no impact on whether a particular display mode is supported for input, it is ignored by the IDeckLinkInput::DoesSupportVideoMode[2] method.

Support for input format detection can be determined by querying for the flag value of the BMDDeckLinkSupportsInputFormatDetection[3] attribute via the IDeckLinkAttributes[4] interface.

Please see the SDK 'AutomaticModeDetection' example for a code sample, or the SDK manual section "2.4.6 Automatic Mode Detection" for more information.

Code: Select all
        // Determine whether the DeckLink device supports input format detection
        result = deckLinkAttributes->GetFlag(BMDDeckLinkSupportsInputFormatDetection, &supported);
        if ((result != S_OK) || (supported == false))
        {
                fprintf(stderr, "Device does not support automatic mode detection\n");
                goto bail;
        }

Cheers,

-nick

[1] 2.7.7 Video Input Flags
[2] 2.5.4.1 IDeckLinkInput::DoesSupportVideoMode method
[3] 2.7.17 DeckLink Attribute ID
[4] 2.5.17 IDeckLinkAttributes Interface

Lionel Muratore

Re: DoesSupportVideoMode issue

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 8:46 am

Hi,

thanks, I will try this ASAP.

You should add in documentation [2.5.4.1] the list of supported flags and a link to GetFlag for other values.
I guess the flag is here to test only 3D or other input options.

Best regards,
Lionel Muratore

Lionel Muratore

PostThu Apr 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi,

the IDeckLinkAttributes::GetFlags() works well.

Best regards,
Lionel Muratore

Return to Software Developers