Can I control the HDMI out on the Intensity4K?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Mike Caplinger

Can I control the HDMI out on the Intensity4K?

PostWed Jul 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi,

We're using an Intensity 4K to capture HDMI video from a medical camera. The capture works great, but we're wondering if there is anyway we can route playback output to the HDMI port on the Intensity. Any advice would be appreciated.

We're running the 10.6.8 SDK on Ubuntu 15.10. The basic setup is that the camera output goes to the input on the card, we then run a script to capture video from the command-line and during capture the live video goes out over the card's HDMI out. Once we're done capturing we'd like to playback the just-captured video out that same port. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
Mike

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

Re: Can I control the HDMI out on the Intensity4K?

PostWed Aug 10, 2016 1:26 am

Hi Mike,

Based on my understanding of the description given, it is certainly possible to output video after capturing it when using the Intensity Pro 4K.

The specific method to do so will depend on the API / interface your application is using.

For a broad overview of performing a playback operation with the DeckLink API, please see SDK Manual chapter "2.4.2 Playback".

Cheers,

-nick

Return to Software Developers