Duo 2 Gstreamer all 4 ports

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

John Croft

Duo 2 Gstreamer all 4 ports

PostWed Nov 09, 2016 8:42 am

Yesterday I learned the hard way that the Intensity Pro can't capture and play simultaneously so I can't use gstreamer to do decklinksrc -> processing -> decklinksink .

Please can someone confirm whether this is possible on a Decklink Duo 2 - and more specifically whether I can have...

Code: Select all
                +-------------------+
Decklinksrc --->|                   |---> decklinksink
                | processing        |
Decklinksrc --->|                   |---> decklinksink
                +-------------------+

... before I spend money on one? The tech specs say hopeful things like "You get the flexibility of 4 separate capture or playback cards in one" but I am nervous that digging deeper the card seems to be 2 pairs of interfaces which may make them more restrictive in how they can be used.

thanks
John

Federico Allegretti

Re: Duo 2 Gstreamer all 4 ports

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 5:27 pm

are you shure? i know a friend of mine that is doing that.
He use an intensity pro in a way like that.
He get a frame from the input, process it (overlay png or so on) and passing the calculated frame to the video out.

He do the hard way, working with the BM fram buffers, but i'm not informed of details.

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: Duo 2 Gstreamer all 4 ports

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 am

Hi John,

Yes the DeckLink Duo 2 card can be configured with all 4 SDI connectors in half-duplex mode. So all connectors can operate independently as either input or output.

You can configure half-duplex via the Connector Mapping tab in Desktop Video Setup, or if you are using DeckLink SDK, then refer to 2.4.11 of DeckLink SDK manual.

Kind Regards
Cameron Nichols

Return to Software Developers