CapturePreview

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Sergey Stoyanov

CapturePreview

PostSun Nov 27, 2016 3:41 pm

Hello I am writing a small piece of software and I am having trouble with it.
From the SDK examples I am trying to rework the example CapturePreview.exe and make the preview window on fullscreen , so far so good but the quality I get in it is terrible.
Is there anyway to make the preview window display the full image/quality ?
The image I am getting right now looks like it is low resolution - see attached image.

Please help! I`m Dying ...
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (313.09 KiB) Viewed 1309 times

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

Re: CapturePreview

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 2:32 am

Hi Sergey,

The SDK provided IDeckLinkGLScreenPreviewHelper[1] (used in the CapturePreview sample) is intended for small window preview operations, it is by design that it renders the preview at reduced resolution with the lowest possible performance impact - so that it is usable in the greatest variety of scenarios.

If your application requires high-fidelity rendering of the captured video input, the recommendation would be to implement the drawing in your application.

IDeckLinkGLScreenPreviewHelper uses the IDeckLinkVideoConversion [2] interface to convert from the input pixel format to RGB for the preview, if your full-screen application uses OpenGL, it may also be possible to perform this conversion in the GPU using a shader - see the LoopThroughWithOpenGLCompositing SDK sample for an example.

Hope that helps,

-nick

[1] 2.5.23 IDeckLinkGLScreenPreviewHelper Interface
[2] 2.5.25.5 IDeckLinkVideoConversion Interface

Return to Software Developers