Streaming Preview sample

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Mark Toth

Streaming Preview sample

PostFri Dec 30, 2016 10:39 pm

Sorry if this sounds dumb. But how is the C++ Stream Preview sample supposed to work? I build and run the sample and all I get is a dialog that has nothing selectable in it and the message No device detected.

The OnInitDialog simply calls UpdateUIForNoDevice() which disables the entire dialog.

I have a Decklink Quad card attached AND input of four pins. Am I missing something?

Nicholas Gill

Blackmagic Design

Re: Streaming Preview sample

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 4:10 am

Hi Mark,

Please note that the StreamingPreview SDK sample demonstrates the Streaming API subset of the DeckLink API, which is available with certain DeckLink devices (e.g. the H.264 Pro Recorder).

For the DeckLink Quad, please see DeckLink SDK manual section "2.4.1 Capture" and the CapturePreview SDK sample.

Referring specifically to the Windows StreamingPreview sample, it discovers devices which support H.264 streaming via the IBMDStreamingDiscovery[1] and IBMDStreamingDeviceNotificationCallback[2] interfaces, the callback is registered in the CStreamingPreviewDlg::OnInitDialog method.

Hope that helps clarify,

-nick

[1] 2.6.1 IBMDStreamingDiscovery Interface
[2] 2.6.2 IBMDStreamingDeviceNotificationCallback Interface

Return to Software Developers