Mac Pro and Intensity Pro PCI - which driver software?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

koolerking521

Mac Pro and Intensity Pro PCI - which driver software?

PostWed Jan 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a recommendation on which is the correct Blackmagic software / driver file to download to support an Intensity Pro PCI card in my Mac Pro running OSX 10.10.5 and to work with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.

The CD software included with the product installed ok on a previous Mac Pro running OSX 9.5.5, but gave an error message when trying to install on my current Mac Pro with OSX 10.5.5

In looking through the available downloads, it seems that the latest software to explicitly state support for both OSX 10 and the older Premiere software was DesktopVideo_10.4.1. I installed it and restarted. It prompted me that it wanted to install an update to the hardware before it could run (firmware I assume?), and I rebooted again.

So far, the HDMI output is buggy as all I am getting is output with a magenta hue and the Black Magic control panel crashes each time I attempt to change any setting, so something is not right.

Is there some specific process needed to confirm / update the firmware? Which driver and support software should I install? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Return to Software Developers