Newbie - BlackMagic SDK

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

anitaisep

Newbie - BlackMagic SDK

PostThu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi there,

Like I said in the subject text area I'm a newbie when it comes from using SDK. I downloaded the BlackMagic SDK and I'm trying to figure out how the video input is processed, stored and maybe do a filter to the image (turn its colors to black&white). Unfortunately I don't understand it :( Can someone help me? Thank you!

Christine Peterson

Re: Newbie - BlackMagic SDK

PostThu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 pm

For help with SDKs, you might want to try asking the Developer List: http://lists.blackmagicdesign.com/mailm ... -developer
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Jeff886

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 am

I've been trying to use the SDK with C# for several days with very little success. I cannot find a way to implement the mediapool for uploading images. The SDK documentation describes the procedure on page 239 but provides no examples for C#. I've posted questions about the SDK and C# on atemuser.com and on lists.blackmagicdesign.com but nobody seems to know how to use C#. I really have a great product idea using the ATEM switcher but I need to develop custom software using C# and if I cannot get any support, I guess I'll just abandon Blackmagic and use another vendor.

Regards,
Jeff

anitaisep

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:For help with SDKs, you might want to try asking the Developer List: http://lists.blackmagicdesign.com/mailm ... -developer

I tried to get into the Developer List but they didn't accept my request because of my email (it was a google email) and I'll try another from my university.
Jeff886 wrote:I've been trying to use the SDK with C# for several days with very little success. The SDK documentation describes the procedure on page 239 but provides no examples for C#.

I've been trying to figure out how to work with this for several days with no success. My problem isn't the C++ language and understanding the methods, my problem is the identification of a specific method that allows me to input the video, process it, store it and so on. And can't figure it out :(
Jeff886 wrote:... I guess I'll just abandon Blackmagic and use another vendor.

Unfortunately I can't do that because my department is going to buy the BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle since it's the best for the job.

Return to Software Developers