Feature Request: Extend Arduino Shield for Raw Ancillary I/O

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

uli peters

Feature Request: Extend Arduino Shield for Raw Ancillary I/O

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 10:08 am

I would like to have an extended software interface added to the Arduino Shield to read from and write to (other) raw ancillary data packets by defining DID/SDID and VANC line number.

I am shure that would not be too difficult to add and would extend the Shield to interface with a much wider range of services and data (for example Timecode, Closed Captions etc.).

What do you think?

Xtreemtec

Re: Feature Request: Extend Arduino Shield for Raw Ancillary

PostSat Mar 25, 2017 11:17 am

Well if we are at it..

I would like to generate test images with it.. SMPTE bars align images etc etc..

Text overlays to the image coming trough the unit.. (Handy for UMD )

Audio embedding and de-embedding into it.. I mean how hard is it to break out 2 pairs of i2S for audio..

12G support so it works for 4K.

Common guys why isn't that implemented yet??

#SarcasticMode OFF :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uli most of the time.. When a product is released with a certain type of skills.. They are not gonna put in a lot of other features.. At this moment the board already suffers of missing Tally packets.. So putting the unit with more features will only generate a lot more trouble then it would benefit from..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Baz

Re: Feature Request: Extend Arduino Shield for Raw Ancillary

PostMon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Currently I have access to all the camera control functions (read and write) so I can control 3rd party camera's etc; and of course I have program/preview tally's.
Sure there other advanced features I would love to have but the only thing I really need at the moment is access to A15/16 so I can get at the comms. The Arduino can do the DtoA and get it out on a PWM.

There are very few devices around that give access to 15/16 (other than the Camera Converters and the BMD mini Converters) so currently I have to re-route 15/16 into 1/2 so at least the cheap monitoring converters can give me talkback!

Baz

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Return to Software Developers