Hyperdeck Studio Pro TCP communication issues with c# socket

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Peter Stahl

Hyperdeck Studio Pro TCP communication issues with c# socket

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 10:54 am

Hello there,

I am since a while back upgrading a custom solution in C# (Winforms) by adding simple communication with 4 BM Hyperdeck Studio Pros (Firmware 5.1 installed). This solution does a lot of things, but to boil it down I am running quite simple commands using a socket (System.Net.Sockets).

Now I have gotten the communication to work so that I can successfully enable remote, trigger play, goto clips etc, but...

I am experiencing severe stability issues where the HyperDecks at odd occassions seem to freeze up and simply do not return a response to my socket commands. And believe me, I have tried several ways of polling the socket to receive all data with try catches etc.

My questions are basically: Are there any of you out there experiencing similar issues, if yes, please share your thoughts. Also, are there any simple c# samples that are in a stable manner running communications via TCP with one or many Hyperdecks?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

/Peter

John Meloy

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro TCP communication issues with c# so

PostThu May 11, 2017 9:45 pm

We just purchased 2 more Hyperdeck Mini's and installed 5.1 on them. They both freeze up randomly and the buttons stop working and they no longer are accessible via ethernet. We have 5 of them now and had a number of goofy bugs in 5.0, but generally they worked okay. I'm hoping that 5.1 is the culprit. Rolling them back to 5.0 now to see if they function more consistently (with the prior bugs).

Peter Stahl

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro TCP communication issues with c# so

PostFri May 12, 2017 4:38 am

Hello again,

It seems that by securing the code with extreme failsafes/thread safe calls/try-catches that resume connection coupled with complete isolation of the network for the Hyperdecks solved our issues. @John: Even with 5.1 firmware version running.

@John: I sincerely recommend removing the Hyperdecks from your public/shared network just to try out the stability when they run completely isolated from other units that may scan/poll devices on the network automatically. This coupled with cleaning up and tightening your code as much as you can.

Best regards

/Peter

Return to Software Developers