Plackback sample

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

mickael.monsieur

Plackback sample

PostFri Jun 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi,

I'm really sad that no sample video playback exists in the SDK.

I'm looking to play a mov (ProRes422) on a DeckLink card with a Mac OS application and I do not know where to start!

If someone at a little bit of XCode project to share it would be great.

Mickael

Dave Johnstone

Re: Plackback sample

PostThu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 am

The SDK does not include any file handling, demultiplexing or decoding of video files. Your app will need to load the file, unwrap (compressed) video and audio from the container and decode the raw video/audio. Once you have uncompressed frames, you can pass these to the callback(s) in a similar fashion to the "TestPattern" and "SignalGenerator" samples. It may be easiest to start with raw (uncompressed) files, I believe the "Capture" sample will produce test raw files.

Regards,

Dave.
Freelance Television Broadcast Engineer
and Software Programmer.

Simon Carter

Re: Plackback sample

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 am

I'm a newbie too Mickael and we had a similar problem but overcoming it wasn't too difficult.

We took a stock video and replayed it over the PCs spare HDMI port via an HDMI to SDI converter and fed the output back to the Decklink Duo. I used DeckLinks Media Express to capture the video and save it in its native format. We use this reference file to replay direct to another Duo 2 SDI port.

Hoper this helps.

Simon

Return to Software Developers