Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini file operations

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Marcel Baur

Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini file operations

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Hello,

Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Mini 1.6 has built-in FTP and telnet server capability. Here are a few random questions that came up while developing an application for the Studio Mini:

1) Is it true that any FTP DELETE operations fail if the device is playing a video? Or is it only that if Slot 1 is active, ftp delete operations fail on Slot 1 but not on Slot 2? I am getting inconsistent results.

2) Is it true that it is impossible to load media from both disks into the timeline at the same time? From what I understand I can only load media from either Slot 1 *or* Slot 2, but not from both slots at the same time. It would be great if you could amend developer information in the HyperDeck pdf manual.

3) How can I detect that a disk (slot) is in read-only mode? There is no such data returned from slot info command.

4) It is possible to clear the entire timeline by either deleting it ("clips clear") or by switching the active slot ("slot select: 2"). How can I delete only a single clip from the timeline using telnet interface?

Thanks
Marcel

Return to Software Developers