CheckVersionPCI Issue

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Patrick Hutchinson

CheckVersionPCI Issue

PostMon Nov 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Hello all,

I am having an issue with CheckVersionPCI. After installation of Desktop Video v10.9.7, when the computer reboots after installation and CheckVersionPCI runs I am seeing the following errors.

Window Title : Blackmagic Sofware Update
Window Text : You DeckLink Duo 2 requires driver software to be installed. Do you wish to continue?

After pressing "Ok" I am then presented with the next error.

Windows Title : CheckVersionPCI
Window Text : An error has prevented video codecs from being installed. You may need to reinstall Blackmagic Desktop Video. Error Code: 0x80004002

The OS that I am attempting to install on is Windows Embedded Standard 7. I have successfully installed the Blackmagic software on a fresh version of Windows 7 Pro with no issues so I am a little perplexed as to what is missing. What codec is CheckVersionPCI trying to install? Are they any specific WES7 dependencies that I am missing? Is this device (Decklink Duo 2) supported on WES7 images? Can anyone suggest any software to help track down the dependency? I have been using the SysInternals tools to help find the issue but have not had any luck.

Cheers,

-P

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: CheckVersionPCI Issue

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 5:43 am

Hi Patrick,

I suspect that the installer may be getting an unexpected OS version number for Windows 7 embedded.

Can you please find out the CurrentVersion and EditionID keys from regedit:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\EditionID

Also, have you also tried to run installer as administrator?

Kind Regards
Cameron Nichols

Patrick Hutchinson

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 8:20 pm

Hey Cameron,

Thank you for responding.

I found the issue. The issue was caused by the Blackmagic Desktop Installer not being able to run its custom actions. Once I stopped blocking the installers custom actions then everything installed correctly.

Cheers,

-PH

Samuel Benjamín

PostMon May 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi Patrick, can you share more details about the fix to this issue? I'm getting exactly the same on un W10 Enterprise and BM Intensity Shuttle USB. Thanks a lot!

Return to Software Developers