Multiple SDI inputs/outputs

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Baldur Gislason

Multiple SDI inputs/outputs

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Hello, I have a machine with two Decklink 4K Extreme 12G cards. Each of these cards has two SDI inputs and two SDI outputs, along with HDMI inputs/outputs and optical SDI inputs/outputs.
I am at a loss as to how I specify what input/output interface I want to use in the API.
I read something about subdevices in the API documentation and I quieried for the number of subdevices like so:
attr->GetInt(BMDDeckLinkNumberOfSubDevices, &subdevs);
But this command returns success and reports only 1 subdevice for each of my Decklink cards, bummer.
Also for some reason, when I try to output video, the only output I get is HDMI, despite me running this command before EnableVideoOutput:
cfg->SetInt(bmdDeckLinkConfigVideoOutputConnection, bmdVideoConnectionSDI);

How do I specify which input I want to use and which output?
I am running Ubuntu Linux and the latest Desktopvideo (10.9.7) with the latest SDK (10.9.5).
Baldur Gislason

Baldur Gislason

Re: Multiple SDI inputs/outputs

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 6:47 pm

I have since figured out that the purpose of the second SDI input and output is for dual link, which I am not using. It would be nice if I was able to use these interfaces for separate video streams.
Baldur Gislason

Xtreemtec

Re: Multiple SDI inputs/outputs

PostWed Jan 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Only possible on the newer Decklink 8K pro and Duo 2 cards.

A lot of the older cards seem to have dual ports but they are only for Dual link or 3D Stereo use. And not for dual capture as you might think when you see SDI A SDI B.

So the older cards can only run 1 input and or output at once!! Some of the newer cards do support in and out at the same time from the same card. But the older decklink cards don't.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV, ATEM TVS HD, Production Studio 4K, 2M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Hyperdeck Studio, SONY FS7 4K, JVC HM700 Full HD Camera

Return to Software Developers