OpenFX plugin and Custom parameters

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andrew Deryabin

OpenFX plugin and Custom parameters

PostSun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 am

Good time of day/night, dear developers!

I want to ask a question about custom parameters.

OFX standard says, that host should send 'kOfxActionSyncPrivateData' action to plugin's main function if plugin has custom parameters in it's parameter set. Davinci Resolve seems to support 'kOfxParamTypeCustom' parameters, properly sets them on user change and saves/restores with the project.
But the problem arises when the project is saved - my main entry point isn't called with 'kOfxActionSyncPrivateData' action even if 'kOfxPropParamSetNeedsSyncing' flag is set to TRUE for plugin's parameter set. Does syncing of custom parameters is supported or I must try something else to achieve desired behavior?

Why I need this? Ok, it's simple: while plugin does rendering it computes some random data and then the results are stored in instance private data for future render calls. What I want is to save results with the project and restore them on project load - it will be enough for my experiment.

Thank you for reading and thanks for your answers :).

Regards,
Andrew.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: OpenFX plugin and Custom parameters

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 am

This is not supported right now, and we will look at implementing this for the next major release.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Return to DaVinci Resolve