VideoHub control

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

pmorgan

VideoHub control

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 3:41 am

I am wanting to control a Smart VideoHub with an Extron control processor. In the Extron programming there are drivers for the older versions that had different numbers of inputs and outputs. Does anyone know if the commands are the same on the new VideoHubs? If so I could just not use the extra inputs and outputs in the programming. It controls over the RS-422 port btw.

Dave Johnstone

Re: VideoHub control

PostMon Feb 12, 2018 10:43 am

As far as I'm aware, the only RS422 protocol used on the VideoHubs is the Leitch Pass-Through. If you can't set your Extron to Leitch you'll need to code a protocol converter to place in-line.

Regards,

Dave.
Freelance Television Broadcast Engineer
and Software Programmer.

akelley@umd.edu

Re: VideoHub control

PostMon Mar 05, 2018 10:55 pm

Yes, I've used the older Extron driver with the 20X20 and it worked fine.

In addition,I am trying to control the VideoHub 20X20 using Extron GCPro over ethernet and can't get the Videohub to accept the commands.

I've tried both IP and Serial over IP drivers with no luck. Any ideas?

I've used the Extron IPLink (legacy) control processors via direct connection (DB9 -> RJ45) and the old software and was able to control when the unit was in "Server Mode", but no luck with the Pro series.

Is there a configuration setting I could be overlooking?

Return to Software Developers