MATLAB Capture

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

manjagu

MATLAB Capture

PostMon Apr 30, 2018 10:00 pm

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I haven't seen a good answer. I have 1080P video at 60FPS coming into a DeckLink 4K Extrememe 12G card. I would like to capture single video frames from this device with the full 10-bits of color channel depth through MATLAB. I only get a blue screen when I run a standard capture using a 'winvideo' device. Anyone have success capturing video frames this way?

Thanks in advance.

fsmall23

Re: MATLAB Capture

PostSat Apr 18, 2020 11:18 am

I know this is old, but did you ever find a solution. I'm having the exact same issue.

manjagu

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Unfortunately, no. My discussions with tech support indicated I would need to write my own drivers. The solution I ended up using was to capture uncompressed data with the Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio 12G then read it back in with a SSD Dock and Python.

fsmall23

PostTue Apr 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Thanks for the reply. MATLAB support said they are putting forward an enhancement request to add support for blackmagic frame grabbers. They said winvideo can't access the necessary device settings.

Return to Software Developers