implement bluetooth push to focus with Ursa Mini Pro

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

NathanCole

implement bluetooth push to focus with Ursa Mini Pro

PostMon May 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi everyone, although I'm not a software developer myself I thought I'd post this question here in case you'd know where I should turn.

I like the iPad app for controlling the Ursa Mini Pro, except that I can't focus with it. As a solo operator making instructional videos, I've got to sit in my chair, then focus and start recording. I don't know if this would be a difficult feature to include, but it would make all the difference for my work.

Is this something that should be do-able? Blackmagic hasn't responded about adding this as a feature to their app, but is it something that I could hire someone to do for me?

All the best,
Nathan
Davinci Resolve Studio 17.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H1
Intel i9 7900X 3.3Ghz
64 GB DDR4
2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB
Nvidia studio driver 471.11

Cameron Nichols

Blackmagic Design

Re: implement bluetooth push to focus with Ursa Mini Pro

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:26 am

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your feedback. We will look to implement this feature in a future release of the iPad app.

Regards
Cameron

NathanCole

Re: implement bluetooth push to focus with Ursa Mini Pro

PostFri May 18, 2018 3:38 am

Hi Cameron, and thanks for the response. How often do you update the app? If I needed this solution in the meantime, would you think it would be an easy thing for a freelance programmer to handle, or would it require specialized knowledge of the camera? I see that you've provided the commands and sample code.
Davinci Resolve Studio 17.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H1
Intel i9 7900X 3.3Ghz
64 GB DDR4
2x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB
Nvidia studio driver 471.11

Return to Software Developers