Android App

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Gwoodward

  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:22 pm
  • Real Name: Grant Woodward

Android App

PostSun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 pm

When will Blackmagic develop its own app to be used on android devices that are fully functioning switchers.
Offline
User avatar

Baz

  • Posts: 513
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:06 am
  • Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Android App

PostMon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 pm

If you are referring to the current IOS apps for BMD products they are not from Blackmagic; they are 3rd party developers.
Even their Videohub app for iPad is 3rd party.

I don't know about camera control apps but would expect they too are 3rd party.

Baz

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam
Offline
User avatar

Richard Courtney

  • Posts: 345
  • Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Android App

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Describe what you need in detail. Perhaps one of us can write you an app.

BMD uses Qt for their free software and I have used a library that controls the switcher.
Offline

jordancaver123

  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: Thu May 17, 2018 7:45 am
  • Real Name: Jordancaver

Re: Android App

PostMon Jun 25, 2018 5:54 am

thanks
Offline

MarcusWolschon

  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Android App

PostMon Oct 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Can anyone point me to some documentation of the Bluetooth protocol?
I'd like to have a look what can be done about camera control for the Pocket 4K and other Blackmagic cameras based on the URSA operaning system.

Is there also a camera control protocol via USB specified?
Offline

MarcusWolschon

  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Android App

PostSun Nov 04, 2018 8:57 am

I received my camera and am starting development.


One question:
In the document
https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... ontrol.pdf
only a single command "0 : change configuration"
seems to be defined.
Where to find the other commands?
Particulars a command to start and stop recording?

In the MacOS code example (I'm not a MacOs developer) I found an example but it contradicts the protocol documentation.
It sets parameter 10.1 but it sets a 5 byte value while the documentation only specifies 4 byte.
The documentation does not allow for a way to not specify the storage medium and use whatever medium is currently active.

payload[3] = 0 // slot 1 storage medium
payload[4] = 0 // slot 2 storage medium
Offline

MarcusWolschon

  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Android App

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Okay,
I created a minimum viable Android app.

[*] I can discover Blackmagic cameras,
[*] select them,
[*] read the status
[*] and issue a command to start a recording.

Reading and writing properties and a nicer UI should not be much of a problem now.
Offline

MarcusWolschon

  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Android App

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Update:
I can now reliably detect if a recording is started/stopped on the camera.
For detecting if a recording is already running when the app connects
I'll however I still need to write something.

Since I'll be without my camera for the weekend, I can not test this enough to call it stable.
But if anyone wants to try it, there is an open Beta channel in Play Store now.

https://marcuswolschon.blogspot.com/201 ... ocket.html
Offline

Bartek Podkowa

  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Android App

PostMon Dec 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi Marcus,
Are you still working on this app? Do you think it would be possible to implement iris control? If so, I'd happily help you with testing once my Pocket 4K arrives in a week or two.
Offline

MarcusWolschon

  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Android App

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 am

Bartek Podkowa wrote:Hi Marcus,
Are you still working on this app? Do you think it would be possible to implement iris control? If so, I'd happily help you with testing once my Pocket 4K arrives in a week or two.


I can see if that porperty is read-only or if it can be changed via Bluetooth.
Offline

Bartek Podkowa

  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Android App

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:
Bartek Podkowa wrote:Hi Marcus,
Are you still working on this app? Do you think it would be possible to implement iris control? If so, I'd happily help you with testing once my Pocket 4K arrives in a week or two.


I can see if that porperty is read-only or if it can be changed via Bluetooth.


Thanks! Much appreciated.
Offline

MarcusWolschon

  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Android App

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Bartek Podkowa wrote:
MarcusWolschon wrote:
Bartek Podkowa wrote:Hi Marcus,
Are you still working on this app? Do you think it would be possible to implement iris control? If so, I'd happily help you with testing once my Pocket 4K arrives in a week or two.


I can see if that porperty is read-only or if it can be changed via Bluetooth.


Thanks! Much appreciated.


Yes, I can change it.
For some reason I have some trouble with the math (my encoding and decoding used for zoom values does not produce the correct results for aperture despite both having the same data type).

The question is: Where in the UI would it make sense to add this?
Maybe store the aperture along with the 3 zoom and focus values to recall?
Offline

Bartek Podkowa

  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: Android App

PostTue Dec 04, 2018 10:12 pm

MarcusWolschon wrote:Yes, I can change it.
For some reason I have some trouble with the math (my encoding and decoding used for zoom values does not produce the correct results for aperture despite both having the same data type).

The question is: Where in the UI would it make sense to add this?
Maybe store the aperture along with the 3 zoom and focus values to recall?


Great!

From my point of view (working primarily on multicam theater shows at the moment), the ability to store 3 aperture settings would be excellent - that way I could plan what scene should have what aperture and then quickly select accordingly.
Offline

MarcusWolschon

  • Posts: 591
  • Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Android App

PostMon Dec 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Bartek Podkowa wrote:
From my point of view (working primarily on multicam theater shows at the moment), the ability to store 3 aperture settings would be excellent - that way I could plan what scene should have what aperture and then quickly select accordingly.


Small delay.
There was one tiny crash that I wanted to fix first
and I had to add the ability to report new camera models first (because someone with an URSA Broadcast turned up and I really want to add it as a supported camera).
Storing aperture values will come soon.

Return to Software Developers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest